Specific details of your business location remain confidential until we assess the applicants ability to purchase and consider him or her suitable to introduce to you. All viewings are confirmed with you the owner prior to any address details being released. All offers received are presented to you for consideration. Once offers are accepted we liaise with your solicitor and all other parties concerned throughout all stages of the legal process. In particular, ensuring that the landlords agreement to transfer a lease is obtained promptly.
We are able to introduce buyers to reputable finance specialists with experience of lending to the Dry Cleaning and Laundry industry. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information.
Selling a Business with Lawrence & Co
To successfully sell your business you need to present it in the best possible way:
- The look of the premises and customer reception areas should be clean and smart. It can be relatively inexpensive to smarten up the appearance of your business by cleaning and re-painting. Remember, first impressions count.
- Machinery should have regular service records.
- You will need to verify your business performance to potential buyers, so ensure you collate the relevant records including audited accounts, VAT returns, till receipts, key utility bills and salary records.
- If your business operates from leased premises, ensure you have a copy of the lease available for inspection.
- Use a solicitor who has experience of business transfer. Transactions can be delayed if you choose the wrong solicitor to act on your behalf.